RIROA Scholarship Information
The Rhode Island Department of the Reserve Officers Association is a
professional organization representing military officers from all service
branches. As a way of supporting its membership, TWO annual scholarships shall
be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each based solely on academic and individual achievements. Presentation of the award will
be made in person at a date and place to be determined
1. Applicant must be a member in good standing of the Rhode Island Department of
the Reserve Officers Association or an immediate family member thereof, to
include spouse, children, or grandchildren.
2. Applicant must be a high school senior/graduate who has been accepted at an
accredited college, university, or vocational/technical school, or an enrolled
higher education undergraduate or graduate student. Awards are conditional upon
acceptance or enrollment.
3. Applicant must complete the application in full. Incomplete applications will
not be considered nor will applications received after the deadline noted below.
Insure that all questions are answered; if no information is available or the
question is not applicable so indicate by writing N/A.
4. Unsuccessful applicants may continue to apply each year. NOTE---PRIOR RIROA
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR SUBSEQUENT AWARDS!
5. Applicant must furnish copies of College Board exam scores (SAT, GMAT, etc.,
if applicable) and high school or college transcripts with this fully completed
application. Applicant is strongly encouraged to furnish any additional
information that may be helpful to the selection committee. All furnished
information will be kept strictly confidential and will be destroyed after the
selection process is completed.
6. In order to be considered for an award, the completed
application form and all
attachments must be postmarked not later than April 30, 2013 and forwarded
LTC Robert Galvanin
31 Canoe River Dr.
Mansfield, MA 02048
CLICK HERE for the scholarship